Apple is also now pushing out its watchOS 5 update for the Apple Watch, delivering new health and fitness features, including social competitions in the Activity app, automatic startup of Workouts, advanced features for runners, and new heart rate measurements and notifications. An improved Siri Watch Face now integrates with Apple Maps to provide proactive directions to upcoming appointments, live sports scores and upcoming games for favourite teams, and heart rate measurements, as well as integrating with Siri Shortcuts and third-party app shortcuts, providing users with a more comprehensive view of what’s going on in their world. Four new Watch Faces have also been added, including three animated Breathe faces, as well as Fire & Water, Liquid Metal, and Vapor motion faces. A new Walkie Talkie app allows for quick communications with friends, and a new Apple Podcasts app provides direct support for listening to podcasts right from the wrist via Bluetooth headphones. watchOS 5 requires a paired iPhone 5s or later running iOS 12, and is available as a free update that can be downloaded over the air by visiting the Watch app on the paired iPhone and selecting General, Software Update. We’ll have a more in-depth look at what’s new in watchOS 5 in an upcoming feature article.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS