Apple has set up a new Rewind 2009 section on the iTunes Store showcasing best-selling and critically acclaimed music, movies, TV shows, applications, audiobooks and podcasts of 2009. Content is divided into sections by type of media, with music, movies, TV shows and audiobooks showing iTunes Store selected “Best of 2009” content alongside the top sellers for the year in each category, while the podcasts section shows only “Best of 2009” content separated into audio and video categories. The App Store Rewind 2009 section is separated into Games and Apps and presented with iTunes’ chosen “Best of 2009” applications alongside top sellers in each category. It is unclear whether the top selling apps have been selected by unit sales or total gross sales, but it is noteworthy that the top-ranking apps do include some of the more expensive offerings on the App Store such as the Navigon MobileNavigator and TomTom navigation apps. Top ranking games include The Sims 3, Need for Speed Undercover, Tiger Woods PGA Tours, Assassin’s Creed, Civilization Revolution, Rock Band, and Flight Control.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS