Apple has announced plans to enable businesses to purchase iOS applications in bulk. As explained on the company’s website, the Volume Purchasing for Business program will enable businesses that enroll in the program to purchase multiple copies of participating apps on the App Store. To facilitate distribution, businesses will be able to download a spreadsheet of redemption codes—one for each license purchased—that can be distributed to employees so they may download the app. To enroll, developers need to accept the latest Paid Developer Agreement; Apple has the new program listed as “coming soon.” Notably, the program is currently only available in the U.S., and enables a distribution model that had been requested by developers and businesses alike.
- Apple awards $410 million to II-IV, an AR tech company
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document