Apple has announced plans to enable businesses to purchase iOS applications in bulk. As explained on the company’s website, the Volume Purchasing for Business program will enable businesses that enroll in the program to purchase multiple copies of participating apps on the App Store. To facilitate distribution, businesses will be able to download a spreadsheet of redemption codes—one for each license purchased—that can be distributed to employees so they may download the app. To enroll, developers need to accept the latest Paid Developer Agreement; Apple has the new program listed as “coming soon.” Notably, the program is currently only available in the U.S., and enables a distribution model that had been requested by developers and businesses alike.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS