Apple has released an update to its Remote application for iOS devices, adding native iPad support and compatibility with iTunes 10 and the new Apple TV. Remote 2.0 provides a slightly redesigned user interface on the iPhone and iPod touch to reflect changes in the iOS 4 iPod and Music applications as well as adding support for the Retina Display on the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. When running on the iPad, the new Remote application mirrors the design of iTunes 10 when viewed in landscape mode, even including similar playback controls, status window and search fields found at the top of the screen. The update also adds the individual AirPlay volume controls introduced in iTunes 10 and includes support for accessing and controlling Shared Libraries on iTunes and the new Apple TV and can now automatically add iTunes and 2G Apple TV libraries through the iTunes Home Sharing feature. Remote 2.0 is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Enjoy WiFi 6 Technology with the TP-Link AX1800 WiFi Router, Now 30% Off
- New rapid antigen test kit from gauss to have iPhone support
- Get a beautiful Elago MagSafe charging stand for just $22
- Apple Store Portland set to reopen February 22
- iOS and iPadOS 14.5 reveal new features, including ‘Scribble’ and revamped app purchase sheet
- Apple supplier Foxconn says chip crunch has limited impact
- Apple working on MagSafe battery pack for iPhone
- iPhone SE or iPhone XR: Which one to buy?
- Score a brand new Razer Opus noise-canceling headphones at 25% off