Apple has more than doubled its stake in U.K.-based Imagination Technologies, a new regulatory statement has revealed. The Street reports that Apple is boosting its ownership share in Imagination—which designs the PowerVR graphics chips found in the iPhone and iPod touch—from 3.6% to 9.5% via a combination of share placement and stock purchases. Apple first purchased 8.2 million shares, or a 3.6% ownership interest, in December; Intel also owns a stake in the company, and recently increased its ownership position to 16%.
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document
- Foxconn iPhone 12 recruits to get a bonus as demand surges