Apple has more than doubled its stake in U.K.-based Imagination Technologies, a new regulatory statement has revealed. The Street reports that Apple is boosting its ownership share in Imagination—which designs the PowerVR graphics chips found in the iPhone and iPod touch—from 3.6% to 9.5% via a combination of share placement and stock purchases. Apple first purchased 8.2 million shares, or a 3.6% ownership interest, in December; Intel also owns a stake in the company, and recently increased its ownership position to 16%.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS