Questions to Siri about the weather have been causing many Apple Watches running watchOS 4.1 to restart according to multiple MacRumors readers and Reddit posters. The issue affected both LTE and GPS-only Apple Watch Series 3 devices and older models as well, but not all users have been affected, and in fact we haven’t encountered or been able to reproduce the issue here. The weather app itself appears to be working well, and questions about future weather forecasts seem to work fine, but queries about current weather conditions like “Is it raining” or ‘What is the temperature right now?” can result in a restart. Apple hasn’t commented on the issue publicly, but one user seems to think it was related to the end of Daylight Saving Time, as many users saw an end to the problem after the switch occurred.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?