Questions to Siri about the weather have been causing many Apple Watches running watchOS 4.1 to restart according to multiple MacRumors readers and Reddit posters. The issue affected both LTE and GPS-only Apple Watch Series 3 devices and older models as well, but not all users have been affected, and in fact we haven’t encountered or been able to reproduce the issue here. The weather app itself appears to be working well, and questions about future weather forecasts seem to work fine, but queries about current weather conditions like “Is it raining” or ‘What is the temperature right now?” can result in a restart. Apple hasn’t commented on the issue publicly, but one user seems to think it was related to the end of Daylight Saving Time, as many users saw an end to the problem after the switch occurred.
- Apple awards $410 million to II-IV, an AR tech company
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document