An Apple Watch shop is popping up in a Tokyo Isetan department store as Apple positions to sell its watch beside some of world’s most respected — and expensive — watch makers. Photos of an enclosed construction space and additions to the mall’s maps show a permanent Apple Watch store going in right next to luxury jeweler Cartier, Macotakara reports. Although Apple has set up a process for handling watch sales out of existing Apple stores, the new storefront makes it likely at least some Edition sales will be conducted in high-end boutiques. So far no new construction has been spotted inside U.S. luxury retailers, but a source told Reuters that Nordstrom is engaged in discussions with Apple to carry the watch. Macy’s, Saks 5th Avenue, Bloomingdales and Barney’s said they had no immediate plans to carry the watch.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS