Whirlpool’s Wi-Fi-connected ovens, washers and dryers will be able to be controlled from the Apple Watch sometime later this year, CNET reports. The Whirlpool app for Apple Watch will be able to control more than 20 of the company’s smarthome appliances — a first for the Apple Watch, which has been previously linked to gym equipment but never to these types of appliances. Users will be able to check the temperature or change settings in their oven, change the settings on a washer mid-cycle or monitor the progress of a drying cycle, all from their wrist.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera