Apple has just won its first Emmy award for original content, Deadline reports. Apple Music’s Carpool Karaoke receiving a Primetime Emmy award, being named Outstanding Short Form Variety Series at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards. While Apple has won several technical and engineering Emmy Awards over the years, including a 2011 award for developing FireWire, and another in 2017 for Siri integration on the Apple TV, this represents the company’s first win for actual content, prior to even launching anything from its new Worldwide Video Content division. Apple landed Carpool Karaoke back in 2016, developing it as an Apple Music exclusive offshoot from a segment on CBS’ The Late Late Show With James Corden. The series was renewed for a second season earlier this year, although there’s been no word as of yet when the new season will actually begin, although the company recently produced and released an interim Stars of Tag special episode, in addition to making season one free through its TV app for all Apple TV and iOS users.
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150