Apple has been making some high-profile hires in the medical research world, but one of its recent hires is already departing the company, CNBC reports. Stephen Friend, a well-known medical researcher who joined Apple in 2016 with a background in creating patient-focused research programs, is now listed as an “independent entrepreneur” on his LinkedIn page. The former Harvard Medical School professor joined Stanford’s Dr. Sumbul Desai, the former head of that schools Center for Digital Health as the company was working on “a medical records beta launched with the support of a dozen leading hospitals to aggregate all of this health information in one place.” That beta was released last month, allowing users to store information about allergies, conditions, immunizations, lab results, medications, procedures and other vitals in partnership with hospitals like Cedars-Sinai, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Penn Medicine and the University of California, San Diego.
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150