Apple has told AT&T that there will not be a June/July launch of a new iPhone this year, according to a new report. Citing a reader submission, Mac Rumors reports that an AT&T representative stated as fact that “Apple has informed us that they do not plan to release the iPhone in the June to July timeframe, though there will be a newer version in the future.” The representative continued, “unfortunately, we have not been given a release time for the new phone. We will release this information on our website when it is available to us.” As noted in the report, it is rare that such an employee would be provided this level of information ahead of an official announcement; however, the matter-of-fact wording is interesting. A recent report suggested that Apple plans to ship the next version of the iPhone in September, with production starting in July or August.
- Apple AR/VR headset to launch next year, reports Kuo
- Apple to shift 10% of iPhone 12 production to India
- MacBook Pro with Mini-LED to launch this year
- iPad Pro vs iPad Air: Shopping guide!
- Apple Watch continues to be the smartwatch leader
- Should you buy the iPad Pro or wait?
- The Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker falls to $79.99
- iPhone 11 submerged for 6 months gets returned to owner
- iMac Pro listed with only one configuration, set to be discontinued
- LG developing display for the foldable iPhone