At the 2010 Paris Motor Show, luxury auto maker BMW announced several new enhancements and accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod. Perhaps most notable among the new offerings is the BMW holder for the Apple iPad, an accessory that attaches to the company’s new Travel & Comfort System, and offers secure back-seat mounting for the tablet, the ability to be used in vertical or horizontal orientation, and angle adjustment. Also new is the BMW Station for the Apple iPhone, another cradle-like accessory designed for BMW models lacking the company’s iDrive control system. It offers optimal mounting of an iPhone, allows for charging without visible cable connections, includes a hands-free kit with directional microphone and radio mute function, and will interface with an upcoming BMW Link app for iDrive-like functionality. The company is also planning to offer new Bluetooth technology created for iOS 4 that allows the iPhone 4 to be better integrated, and complete support for the new iPod Out feature of iOS 4 for improved navigation and control of connected devices. BMW’s new accessories and features for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod are expected to be available in new BMW automobiles beginning in Spring 2011.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS