CBC Radio has released a major update to its free streaming radio application for iOS devices, adding background audio and native iPad support. The CBC Radio application provides both live and on-demand streaming audio from CBC Radio One, Radio 2 and Radio 3 and on-demand audio from CBC TV programs including The Hour, CBC News At Issue Panel and Mansbridge One on One. Version 2.0 adds supports for background audio and fast app switching on multitasking-capable iOS 4 devices, including support for remote audio controls and the ability to resume playback automatically following interruptions such as phone calls. An updated player screen provides artist bios when available for the current track. Users can also browse and search through over 100,000 tracks from over 20,000 Canadian Indie artists in the embedded CBC Radio 3 website, and share audio links via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook from right within the app. Additional new features include automatic switching between high- and low-quality streams for Wi-Fi and 3G network use, an option to automatically play on startup and an alarm timer. CBC Radio 2.0 is now a universal app and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Apple TV+ drama series “The Mosquito Coast” to release on April 30
- Apple to release OLED iPad Pro & OLED 16″ MacBook Pro next year
- iPhone 11 free display replacement program
- iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Budget shopping guide!
- Apple March Event: AirPods, Apple TV, iPad Pro
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro: Lifetime License is 63% Off
- The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds is $50 Off Today
- Amazon launches ‘GameOn’ on iOS
- Apple TV+ acquires ‘Dr. Brain’ Korean webtoon series
- Best Buy Lively Health & Safety Services now on Apple Watch