Chris Evans has signed on for a new limited Apple drama series, “Defending Jacob,” Variety reports. The actor behind “Captain America” will reportedly both star in and executive product the new series, which will be based on a 2012 best-selling novel by William Landay, which chronicles the life of a father whose 14 year old son is accused of murder. This will be only the second role in a regular television series for Evans, who made his name on the big screen starring in Marvel superhero movies such as the “Fantastic Four” films and of course the recent hit “Avengers: Infinity.” The new Apple drama series was created by Mark Bomback, who will also be writing, executive producing, and serving as showrunner, and who is also known for writing “War for the Planet of the Apes” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.” Academy Award-nominee Morten Tyldum will executive produce and direct the series.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS