After rolling out its original external Smart Outlet in 2015, ConnectSense is debuting a new HomeKit-compatible in-wall outlet, 9to5Mac reports. The hardwired version replaces a standard outlet and looks like the usual two-receptacle setup wil provide Wi-Fi controls that can detect when something is plugged in and how much power is being used. Each outlet can be controlled with the built-in touch controls, Siri voice activation or the HomeKit app. The price and release date haven’t been announced, but ConnectSense has set a Q3 launch target.
- Apple awards $410 million to II-IV, an AR tech company
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document