ConnectSense has unveiled the Smart Outlet², an upgraded version of its 2015 ConnectSense Smart Outlet that now includes HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant support for controlling and monitoring pretty much anything that you can plug into a power outlet. The new version also expands to include support for Android devices, as well as remote access through ConnectSense’s own app. As with the previous version, Smart Outlet² connects directly to your network over Wi-Fi, eliminating the need for additional hubs or gateways, and continues to provide two independently controlled outlets and a 2.4-amp USB charging port, along with detailed power monitoring through its own iOS app that can track how much energy has been consumed and how long devices can be turned on. ConnectSense also notes that energy monitoring can be incorporated into automation rules, so you can trigger other actions when a higher power draw is detected, such as dimming the lights when the TV is turned on, and each of the two sockets can be controlled and monitored individually. The new Smart Outlet² is available now from ConnectSense.com and Amazon.com for a suggested retail price of $59. Be sure to check back for our review of the new smart outlet in the next few days.
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150