ALK Technologies has released the latest update to its CoPilot Live North America application, providing updated street maps of the U.S. and Canada, integrated local search and Facebook integration. The included local search, previously only available as a $20 in-app purchase, allows users to quickly locate products, services and stores directly from within the application. The update promises improved guidance and a more realistic display at complex intersections with its new Lane Assist and ClearTurn features. The new Facebook integration allows users to update their Facebook status from within the app with their current location, their destination, or the currently playing iPod track. The new version also now provides user-controllable volume settings, allowing users to mute or lower music volume during voice directions. CoPilot Live North America is available from the App Store for $30; live traffic updates continue to be available as an in-app purchase for an additional $20. A free version, CoPilot Live Directions is also available which provides thirty days of free access to the Premium features, after which users can choose to pay for a subscription via in-app purchase or continue using the free app with standard turn-by-turn directions without voice guidance.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?