Creative Technology has confirmed to iLounge that it has no plans to stop selling its line of Zen media players, despite this week’s news that the company has joined the “Made for iPod” program as part of a settlement with Apple. A Creative spokesperson also said the iPod accessories that the company will soon develop will not be iPod-only and will work with its Zen devices as well as other brands of digital music players. While no specifics were given, it can be assumed that the iPod add-ons will use auxiliary inputs for universal compatibility instead of, or in addition to, an iPod Dock Connector. Creative currently sells a wide range of Zen players alongside its cheaper MuVo line and a number of accessories—from speaker systems to silicone cases. According to the latest numbers from the NPD Group, Creative holds 4.3% of the U.S. digital music player market, behind Apple with 75.6% and SanDisk with 9.7%.
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150
- Google Calendar and Docs now have App Store privacy labels
- New Zealand students create prototype Samoan language learning app
- Get professional sound quality with the Mackie CR-X for $124
- Minnesota bigwigs lobby for App Store and Play Store reform
- Black ‘Hometown’ photographers featured on latest shot on iPhone video
- Camera operator on ‘Cherry’ reveals complex drone shots