D-Link has announced its new HomeKit-compatible Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310), representing the company’s first entry in its new Omna family of HomeKit-enabled devices. The Omna 180 features a 180-degree field of view to provide monitoring for an entire room along with full HD 1080p video quality and advanced HomeKit security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. HomeKit compatibility will also allow users to very quickly set up the 180 Cam HD using the Apple Home app in iOS 10.1, and will let users receive rich lock screen notifications showing a video snapshot of what’s happening whenever motion is detected. The Omna 180 Cam HD also integrates into HomeKit for setting rules and triggers so that it can activate other devices and scenes whenever motion is detected. The Omna 180 provides dynamic bitrate adjustment for optimal video streaming performance, two-way audio with a built-in microphone and speaker, infrared night vision, and local recording of video onto a microSDXC card. The home camera is expected to be available in Q1 2017; pricing has not yet been announced.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS