Lima Sky has released a major update adding multiplayer functionality to its acclaimed Doodle Jump iOS platform game. In Doodle Jump, players use their device’s tilt controls to bounce their player, Doodle the Doodler from platform to platform up a long sheet of graph paper, picking up jet packs and other bonuses, avoiding obstacles and blasting enemies as they try to reach the highest possible altitude. With the 2.0 update players can now compete with other iOS users via Apple’s Game Center, either challenging their friends or using the Game Center auto-match feature to find competitors. Players race against one another to reach a finish line, with power-ups available only to the first player who reaches them. Players can also easily call for a rematch at the end of a race to attempt to even the score after a close defeat. Doodle Jump for the iPhone and iPod touch is available from the App Store for $1. The game requires iOS 3.0 or later; multiplayer support requires iOS 4.1, a Wi-Fi connection and a Game Center account. An iPad version is also in the works.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?