Nuance Communications has released an update to its Dragon Dictation app adding iOS 4 compatibility, multilingual support, direct speech-to-SMS and social networking integration. Dragon Dictation 2.0 takes advantage of iOS 4 in-app SMS support allowing users to send text messages directly from the app. The update also provides a redesigned interface with a pop-up toolbar and the ability to post dictated text directly to Twitter and Facebook. Support for Fast App Switching allows dictated text in the scratchpad to be automatically saved when leaving the app so users can resume their dictation where they left off after answering a phone call. Dragon Dictation 2.0 adds support for U.K. English and is now available in the U.K. App Store. Nuance indicates that German language support will be coming by the end of July and that it plans to provide support for French, Italian and Spanish later this year. Dragon Dictation 2.0 is available from the App Store as a free download for a limited time.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera