TechCrunch reports that PopCap Games, makers of hit iOS titles such as Peggle and Plants vs Zombies is currently in talks to be acquired for a price of over $1 billion. Initial reports speculated on Zynga, Electronic Arts or an Asian company being possible buyers, however TechCrunch has now received information from two sources that the buyer is Electronic Arts. If accurate, the $1 billion price of the deal would make this one of EA’s largest acquisitions to date, although the report suggests that this may be an effort by EA to depart from its more hardcore games and solidify its position as a casual gaming powerhouse. EA has been making major acquisitions in the iOS and general mobile gaming space over the past year buying publisher Chillingo last fall and most recently acquiring FireMint just last month.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS