Elgato, maker of television viewing and recording products for Macs, will soon announce a tiny new USB 2.0 device that will speed up the encoding of video for use on the iPod, Apple TV and iPhone. The Elgato Turbo.264 is a Mac-only H.264 video encoder that accelerates video exports to iPod and Apple TV formats (H.264 in 640 x 480 or 320 x 240) from any application that uses QuickTime export. According to Elgato representatives, the device will be integrated with the company’s EyeTV software and will also come with an application that allows you to export files via drag-and-drop. Users will be able to export any file that QuickTime can decode natively or via third party components (DivX, Flip4Mac, etc.). Speed improvement numbers were not provided by the company. The Elgato Turbo.264 will be available by the end of April for $99.
- Apple TV+ drama series “The Mosquito Coast” to release on April 30
- Apple to release OLED iPad Pro & OLED 16″ MacBook Pro next year
- iPhone 11 free display replacement program
- iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Budget shopping guide!
- Apple March Event: AirPods, Apple TV, iPad Pro
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro: Lifetime License is 63% Off
- The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds is $50 Off Today
- Amazon launches ‘GameOn’ on iOS
- Apple TV+ acquires ‘Dr. Brain’ Korean webtoon series
- Best Buy Lively Health & Safety Services now on Apple Watch