A number of iPhones are experiencing battery life issues and some feel hot to the touch, possibly related to the iOS Facebook app. iLounge’s editors have seen both issues firsthand, and a number of tweets seem to verify there could be some sort of intermittent issue. Within the past five days, there have been a number of tweets on the matter, as a Twitter search for “Facebook app battery” shows. A post on blog.hagga.net took a look at the issue in May, and noted that a June update did not fix the problem. Facebook’s iOS app was last updated July 10. It’s hard to know for sure what is exactly causing the battery drain, though Facebook’s VoIP capabilities allow the app to run in the background, with no way of turning it off. The issue could be connected to something unusual happening on Facebook’s server, as well, or messaging notifications.
- Apple TV+ drama series “The Mosquito Coast” to release on April 30
- Apple to release OLED iPad Pro & OLED 16″ MacBook Pro next year
- iPhone 11 free display replacement program
- iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Budget shopping guide!
- Apple March Event: AirPods, Apple TV, iPad Pro
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro: Lifetime License is 63% Off
- The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds is $50 Off Today
- Amazon launches ‘GameOn’ on iOS
- Apple TV+ acquires ‘Dr. Brain’ Korean webtoon series
- Best Buy Lively Health & Safety Services now on Apple Watch