Facebook has updated its Facebook Messenger standalone app improving support for managing conversations and handling multiple conversations. Facebook Messenger allows users to carry on group instant messaging style conversations using the Facebook messaging platform; users can add multiple friends to a conversation via either Facebook or SMS, get read/unread status and share locations and photos. Version 1.8 provides in-app notifications to allow users to quickly switch between multiple conversations, swipe to delete individual messages in conversations and see who is available when starting a conversation. Users can also now include friends of friends in conversations and share larger photos that can be viewed full screen and zoomed. The update also improves performance when loading, navigating and sending and provides more reliable push notifications. Facebook Messenger is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?