Firemint has released an update to its classic Flight Control and Flight Control HD games adding new maps and additional features. The latest version of Flight Control for the iPhone and iPod touch introduces a new “Storm Airfield” map where players must route and land aircraft in the middle of a thunderstorm, with the additional challenge of aircraft being struck by lightning, causing them to be out of communication and control for a short time. Flight Control HD for the iPad adds a new “Moon Base” map where players are required to land unique spacecraft such as shuttles, satellites and UFOs while avoiding small asteroids that knock craft off-course or larger ones that will end the game. The update to the iPad version also brings voice chat to the Game Center multiplayer feature. Both versions now gain a new “Rewind” feature whereby players can buy “rewinds” via in-app purchase to allow them to turn back time and replay the last few seconds of a game immediately prior to a collision to hopefully revert disaster and continue playing. Flight Control is available from the App Store in two separate versions: Flight Control ($1) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Flight Control HD for the iPad.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS