Internet of Things hardware developer Focalcrest Technology has announced Mixtile Hub, a new HomeKit-compatible multi-vendor bridging solution. The Mixtile Hub is designed to allow smart home devices from different brands to access the HomeKit platform, allowing compatible smart home products, surveillance devices, and probe sensors to connect through ZigBee and Z-Wave protocols. Mixtile Hub also acts as a normal smart home hub by itself to link devices from various manufacturers. In addition to remote control and voice control features, it supports auto-alarm and high-decibel warnings and battery backup to allow it to continue working even during a power failure. Pricing and availability have not been announced.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera