Google has released an update to its official Google+ app adding support for the social network’s new Hangouts feature and making several other improvements to messaging and commenting features. The latest version of Google+ for iOS allows users to join existing Hangouts and participate in video conferences from their device, although new Hangouts must still be created from the web app on the desktop. The update also renames the Huddle IM service to Messenger and allows users to send photos in the instant messaging stream. Additional improvements include the ability to +1 comments, granular push notification settings, new profile map views, better +mention support and various bug and performance improvements. The Google+ app is available from the App Store as a free download.
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150
- Google Calendar and Docs now have App Store privacy labels
- New Zealand students create prototype Samoan language learning app
- Get professional sound quality with the Mackie CR-X for $124
- Minnesota bigwigs lobby for App Store and Play Store reform
- Black ‘Hometown’ photographers featured on latest shot on iPhone video
- Camera operator on ‘Cherry’ reveals complex drone shots
- Repairability scores appear on official Apple France website