Following reports earlier this year that Apple is likely to begin including a higher-power, 18 watt USB-C power adapter with 2018 iPhone models, Mac Otakara (via 9to5Mac) now reports that due to supply constraints, the new adapter will only be available bundled with the actual iPhone models, and not initially available to be purchased separately. According to the Mac Otakara report, Apple’s manufacturing partners will be running at full capacity just to make the adapters to be packaged with the new iPhone models, leaving no room for additional adapters to be produced. Of course, the upcoming 18 watt adapter is far from the only USB-C adapter capable of charging newer iPhones at full speed; Apple’s own 29W USB-C power adapter is already sold separately, and there are a large number of third party adapters already available, so the lack of initial availability of the new adapter shouldn’t be a problem.
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150