Marco Arment has released another update to his popular Instapaper offline reader application introducing synchronization of reading positions in articles between multiple iOS devices. The new feature allows users of more than one iOS device, such as an iPhone and iPad, to switch back and forth between devices and easily pick up where they left off on the other device. The update also adds the promised background task completion for iOS 4 devices allowing synchronization with the Instapaper service to complete even after you exit the app. Other enhancements in Instapaper 2.2.5 include dramatically improved performance and accuracy when rotating the device between portrait and landscape mode, the ability to e-mail the full text of stored articles and improvements to tilt-scrolling and password entry on iOS 4. Instapaper is available from the App Store for $5 and is a free update for current users.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?