Marco Arment has updated his popular Instapaper Pro application, adding basic iOS 4 support and renaming the application to simply “Instapaper,” dropping the “Pro” designation. Instapaper 2.2.4 continues to support all of the features of the previous “Instapaper Pro” version and adds support for Fast App Switching on iOS 4, swipe gestures for page-turning on iOS 4 and iPad devices with improved page turn performance and OAuth support for Twitter. The update also fixes minor interface bugs related to the actions menu, the folder list and zooming of text. iOS 4 multitasking support is currently limited to Fast App Switching; background task completion for synchronization is expected to be coming in a later update. Instapaper 2.2.4 is a universal app and is available from the App Store for $5; a free version is also available for the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS