iLounge has received its first iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G units for testing and has posted an unboxing gallery online. There are several small changes from the Wi-Fi-only model that are worthy of mention. The box the 3G model comes in is identical to that of the Wi-Fi-only model, save for two stickers on the back of the box that reference the fact that a 3G model is contained within; notably, the image of the iPad on the front does not depict the 3G model. The unit’s microSIM slot is found on the left side of the device, off-center, towards the bottom of the unit, and contains an AT&T-branded microSIM. This side of the device is completely bare on Wi-Fi-only models. Contents of the box are the same as the Wi-Fi-only model, save for the SIM card removal tool, and the antenna cover at the top is made from black matte plastic. Another notable item is that the device requires connection to iTunes in order to be usable; no software update is available or required, and rather than directing the user instantly to sign up for AT&T service, the iPad sits awaiting activation until you dive into the Settings menu and find the Cellular Data option yourself.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS