An iPhone 4 has spontaneously overheated aboard a commercial flight. According to a press release from Australian airline Regional Express, a passenger on flight ZL319 from Lismore to Sydney had his/her personal iPhone 4 emit “a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow” sometime after landing. In accordance with regulations, a flight attendant extinguished the handset, which was handed over to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau for analysis. A photo of the handset shows the rear glass to be shattered, with a burnt-looking area in the vicinity of the battery. Further details, such as if the handset was jailbroken or connected to a charger, are currently unknown; a somewhat dubious report from earlier this year indicated that a separate iPhone 4 unit had overheated and caught fire while in use. [via BGR]