iFixit is currently performing a teardown of the iPhone 4S, and while it isn’t yet finished, it has gotten far enough to reveal some noteworthy facts about the new handset. Most prominently, it has confirmed that the iPhone 4S features 512MB of RAM—the same amount as the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. It also features the linear oscillating vibrator found in the CDMA iPhone 4, which is said to be softer and quieter than the rotational electric motor found in the prior GSM model, and communications chips from Skyworks and Qualcomm, including the MDM6610 Gobi chipset, which is responsible for the handset’s communication with both GSM and CDMA networks. We will update this article if and when any further noteworthy discoveries are made.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS