In his latest research report sent to clients, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster notes that the iPod is continuing to gain market share as evidenced by recent NPD Techworld data and Amazon.com rankings. Munster said that various versions of the iPod now hold all 10 spots on Amazon’s Top 10 Seller List for Portable MP3 Players, up from 8 last month. “We believe the increase is noteworthy given that the last time we recorded 10 iPods in the Top 10 occurred on Sept. 9, 2005, prior to the holiday shopping season,” he commented. Munster expects that by the end of 2006, more than 85 million iPods will have shipped since the device was introduced.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera