iPod glow leads to lost mushroom picker

The iPod nano’s best-of-class battery life definitely paid off for a lost mushroom picker in Oregon last week. Twenty-five year old Pini Nou was spotted in heavy underbrush and rescued after search teams saw the glow of his iPod Friday. “The underbrush was so thick, it took the searchers a full 22 minutes to reach Nou, who, lacking a flashlight, had been trying to use the faint glow of his iPod nano display as a light source,” reports the Corvallis Gazette-Times. “It took several more hours to get him safely out of the woods, and searchers didn’t get back home until around 6 a.m.”

Latest News