Apple launched the iTunes Music Store three years ago today on April 28, 2003. The store launched with over 200,000 songs and “groundbreaking personal use rights.” In addition to expanding the store to 20 other countries, Apple’s U.S. iTunes Music Store now offers over 2.9 million songs, 60,000 podcasts, 9,000 music videos, and over 70 television programs from ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, MTV, ESPN and Showtime. More than 1 billion songs have been sold to date.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS