For smart home device users looking for a more unique lighting solution than the typical connected bulb, Lifx has revealed its Beam lighting system ($200). Each kit comes with six beams, one corner piece, and a power pack, allowing users to build themselves an illuminated right angle on any wall. Each beam can reproduce 16 million different colors and has 10 “blended light zones,” allowing for some serious control to create a variety of color schemes. The lights are dimmable fro 1 – 100 percent and can be controlled through HomeKit (or through the dedicated app for users without a hub). The Lifx Beam is expected to begin shipping in November and can be pre-ordered now on the company’s website.
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document
- Foxconn iPhone 12 recruits to get a bonus as demand surges