Readers and iLounge Editors have discovered that a lockup bug affects Electronic Arts’ new iPod game Spore Origins, released last night for the fifth-generation iPod, iPod classic, and third-generation iPod nano. The lockup, which causes the iPod to freeze while the hard drive is still spinning and requires a hard reset to remedy, takes place on the game’s initial loading screen on iPod classics running both 1.0.x and 1.1.x software; we have tested using the most recent software version 1.1.2. It does not appear to affect the third-generation iPod nano or fifth-generation iPod running the latest software. Are you having trouble with Spore Origins? Let us know in the comments below.
- Enjoy WiFi 6 Technology with the TP-Link AX1800 WiFi Router, Now 30% Off
- New rapid antigen test kit from gauss to have iPhone support
- Get a beautiful Elago MagSafe charging stand for just $22
- Apple Store Portland set to reopen February 22
- iOS and iPadOS 14.5 reveal new features, including ‘Scribble’ and revamped app purchase sheet
- Apple supplier Foxconn says chip crunch has limited impact
- Apple working on MagSafe battery pack for iPhone
- iPhone SE or iPhone XR: Which one to buy?
- Score a brand new Razer Opus noise-canceling headphones at 25% off