Loopt has released an update to its location-based social search app adding support for user-generated places. Loopt is an app designed for iOS users to see what’s happening around them among their friends and local venues similar to services such as Foursquare and Gowalla. Loopt however adds integrated features such as location-aware text messaging to connect with friends and find places to go when users are out and about and includes integration with Facebook Places so that Loopt users can check in to their Facebook profile and see what their Facebook friends are up to right from within the Loopt app. Version 4.2 now allows users to add public places or events directly from the app with an option to make the place visible to other Loopt users so that they can search for and check-in at that location. Loopt is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download.
- Enjoy as much as $300 Off on Apple Watch Series 5
- ‘Boys State’ deleted scene shows up in time for Oscar nominations
- Saturn Awards mention nominees ‘Amazing Stories’, ‘Servant’ and ‘For All Mankind’
- International Women’s Day challenge now active on Apple Watch
- Apple partnering with Malala Yousafzai for original content
- Apple AR/VR headset to launch next year, reports Kuo
- Apple to shift 10% of iPhone 12 production to India
- MacBook Pro with Mini-LED to launch this year
- iPad Pro vs iPad Air: Shopping guide!
- Apple Watch continues to be the smartwatch leader