New changes to Apple’s MobileMe account type labels suggest the service may be moving to a tiered membership scheme. Ars Technica reports that several MobileMe subscribers have reported seeing their accounts, which were previously listed as either “Individual” or “Family Pack,” now listed as “Full Member.” Previously, only “Trial,” “Individual,” and “Family Pack” were possible account types. The report notes that recent rumors have suggested Apple will move the service to a tiered pricing scheme, possibly offering some services for free to better compete with Google.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?