Celebrating the close of its Illuminator case design contest at Macworld Expo today, Mophie unexpectedly announced that three separate product concepts had won, with each item turned into physical prototype form and planned for release by the company in the near future. One of the winners, Schlep ($30), is a flip-open design that will be produced in two versions – one for iPhone (June), one for iPod 5G (April), adding credit card sleeves and a zippered storage pocket, and suitable for mounting on a bag strap. Bevy ($15, March) is a shuffle-fitting keychain holder-slash-bottle opener, with integrated iPod headphone cable management around its edge. Montage (price and date TBD) is a multi-function digital photo frame with a user-positionable iPod dock. Additional pictures of all three designs can be seen at the company’s Illuminator contest mini-site.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS