National Geographic has updated its magazine app for the iPad with support for the Retina Display and adding some additional enhancements. National Geographic Magazine is an iPad Newsstand app that allows users to purchase individual issues or subscribe to the digital edition of the popular publication; both current and back-issues can be purchased for $5 per issue via in-app purchase or users can subscribe for $2/month or $20/year via an in-app subscription. In addition to Retina Display support, version 1.6 adds the ability to bookmark pages within a magazine and auto-archive issues after reading; it is a required update for all new issues being released after May 2012. National Geographic Magazine requires iOS 4.0 or later, with iOS 5.0 required for Newsstand support, and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?