A new iPhone worm first spotted in Australia is spreading amongst jailbroken devices, changing their backgrounds to a picture of “Never Gonna Give You Up” singer Rick Astley. Similar to the harmless extortion message sent out by a Dutch hacker to users of jailbroken iPhones on T-Mobile Netherlands last week, this new worm attacks devices which have been jailbroken and had SSH activated without the owners changing the default password. Comments found within the worm’s code say, “People are stupid and this is to prove it so… [setting the SSH password] is not thats [sic] hard guys… But hey who cares its only your bank details at stake.” Apple has often mentioned security issues as a reason why it is opposed to users jailbreaking their devices.
- Apple TV+ releases first look at Physical
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off