A huge increase in new iPod owners and iTunes gift card holders overwhelmed Apple’s iTunes Store over the holiday, prompting error messages and slowdowns. The AP reports: “Frazzled users began posting urgent help messages Monday and Tuesday on Apple’s technical forum for iTunes, complaining they were either not allowed into the store or were told the system couldn’t process their request to download songs and videos. It was not immediately clear how many people were affected by the slowdowns, and Apple would not immediately comment Wednesday on what caused the slowdown and whether it had been fixed.” Analysts said the problems were likely due to the large amount of consumers receiving new iPods and iTunes gift cards as Christmas gifts.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera