News Corp. and Apple have sent out e-mails to select members of the press, inviting them to a special event for the launch of The Daily newspaper. According to The Loop, News Corp. Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch will be on hand, as will Apple Vice President of Internet Services Eddy Cue. According to past reports, the new tablet-based newspaper will utilize a new Apple subscription platform that will allow customers to sign up for a subscription to a periodical via the App Store and get the publication delivered automatically to their iPad each time a new issue is published, instead of needing to purchase each issue individually either as a separate app or through in-app purchases. The Daily launch event will be held at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City and will begin at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday February 2.
- Apple partnering with Malala Yousafzai for original content
- Apple AR/VR headset to launch next year, reports Kuo
- Apple to shift 10% of iPhone 12 production to India
- MacBook Pro with Mini-LED to launch this year
- iPad Pro vs iPad Air: Shopping guide!
- Apple Watch continues to be the smartwatch leader
- Should you buy the iPad Pro or wait?
- The Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker falls to $79.99
- iPhone 11 submerged for 6 months gets returned to owner
- iMac Pro listed with only one configuration, set to be discontinued