News Corp. has launched “The Daily,” a new iPad-based daily newspaper. The Daily will offer over 100 pages of original content each day, including original video content, a selection of articles that users can choose to have read aloud, “360 degree” photos that users can explore by swiping, and interactive charts and information graphics. Features will include the ability to save articles for later reading, web-friendly versions of articles for sharing online, in-app comments, including audio comments, local weather, scores and news regarding the user’s favorite sports teams, and both crossword and sudoku puzzles. The app will also utilize a new “In-App Subscription” billing option from Apple. The Daily will be published 365 days a year, and will initially be available exclusively on the iPad in the United States, with pricing set at $0.99 per week, or $40 per year; the first two weeks will be free, courtesy of Verizon Wireless.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS