References to a third-generation Apple TV have been spotted in the GM version of iOS 5. 9to5Mac reports that deep inside the iOS file system lies a reference to an Apple TV 3,1, which would be expected to represent a substantial upgrade from the current 2,1 model. The report goes on to suggest that such a model could feature an A5 processor to allow for 1080p video output support, and thus merit the addition of 1080p content to the iTunes Store. It is worth noting, however, that new iOS model designations have typically been discovered in code months, if not a full year or more, prior to the actual devices’ releases, meaning that the appearance of evidence supporting a third-generation Apple TV’s existence does not necessarily suggest an impending release.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS