WebIS has released a major update to its Note2Self audio recorder application for the iPhone and iPod touch, bringing iOS 4 background recording capabilities and several other new features. First released in the summer of 2008 shortly after the debut of the App Store, Note2Self was one of the first top-rated voice recording apps for the iPhone. The application was modestly updated after release, but was soon supplanted by Apple’s Voice Memos app, which offered background recording before third-party iPhone applications could multitask. With iOS 4, Note2Self 3.0 adds background recording on multitasking-capable devices as well as recording directly in AAC format on the iPhone 3GS and later models. The new version also sports an improved user interface, proximity sensor improvements related to the “bring to your ear” activation feature, the ability to specify a custom SMTP server for sending memos out via e-mail and several other improvements and fixes. Note2Self is now supported with Apple iAds and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS